CasinOnline.news is 100% committed to safe and responsible gaming. Gambling can be highly addictive and dangerous if not done responsibly. Please continue and read our guidelines and good tips to responsible gambling.
What is Responsible Gambling?
What do we mean with responsible gaming? Responsible gambling is a set of things that keeps gaming fun and it’s not all about the money. You should try to make gambling a social activity and not a money-making activity. When you gamble, always set a fixed limit for the amount of losses you are willing to take.
Fixed limits this will help you avoid those huge collapses where you might lose everything. Also keep in mind when gambling is that the odds are NOT in your favor. The (online)casino always has an edge and you are risking your money knowing this edge is in place. Also, try to limit the amount of time you are spending on gambling. It is unhealthy to gamble for hours upon hours. This turns it into somewhat of an obsession and takes the “fun” out of it.
Gambling should not be a needed activity but a fun activity to enjoy with friends and family.
If you keep all of these points in mind you are well on your way to responsible gaming or gambling.
Do you have a Gambling Problem?
Do you suspect or know that you have a gambling problem? If the answer is yes, we want to help you. You should always talk with someone instantly if you think your gambling patterns are becoming harmful. Talk to friends, family or loved ones first. If you aren’t comfortable talking to someone you know you should contact Gamblers Anonymous (USA) or Gamble Aware (UK) right away. Getting help is essential in getting back on the right track towards responsible gaming.
Popular Questions from Gamblers Anonymous
Below is a commonly used list of popular questions from Gamblers Anonymous. This is basically a self-check quiz to see if you have a gambling problem or gambling addiction. If you answer yes to 7 of these questions you are most likely starting to acquire a gambling addiction.
1. Did you ever lose time from work or school due to gambling?
2. Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
3. Did gambling affect your reputation?
4. Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
5. Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
6. Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
7. After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
8. After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
9. Did you often gamble until your last dollar was gone?
10. Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
11. Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
12. Were you reluctant to use “gambling money” for normal expenditures?
13. Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
14. Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
15. Have you ever gambled to escape worry, trouble, boredom or loneliness?
16. Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
17. Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
18. Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
19. Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
20. Have you ever considered self destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?
To conclude, be sure to set out responsible monetary guidelines when gambling. Stay within your defined boundaries to ensure you are gambling responsibly. If you ever feel like you are losing control or might have a gambling problem, don’t hesitate for a second to ask for help. Keep gambling fun and don’t make it 100% about the money and everything should be ok!